Make a Better Community, Together
Volunteers are the lifeblood of our organization. With an active volunteer force many times the size of staff, volunteers make it possible for us to serve more than 60,000 animals each year, without ever turning a DC animal away. Our many volunteer tasks include:
- Distributing thousands of pounds of pet food to the community
- Assisting medical staff providing low-cost veterinary services
- Training and caring for dogs, cats and small mammals
- Helping animals find new homes
- Supporting glamorous special events
Are you a resourceful, reliable, resilient individual who is motivated to make a difference in the lives of animals and people? Then join the team striving to ensure a loving home for every unwanted animal, affordable medical care for every sick or injured animal, an end to animal abuse and cruelty, and stronger bonds between animals and people through education and training.
Please take the time to review the Essential Capabilities required of all HRA volunteers. In addition to these capabilities, all in-person volunteers are required to show proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 on or before their first volunteer shift.
If you do not meet these essential capabilities but are still interested in volunteering, please contact [email protected].
Ready to Get Started?
Becoming a Humane Rescue Alliance volunteer is easy! There are three steps:
- Complete an Online Orientation
- Show Proof of Vaccination Against COVID-19
- Create a Volunteer Account to Sign Up for Volunteer Events and Training!
Please note, you must be 18 or older to volunteer.
Have a Question?
Please check out our FAQ page.
Can't find the answer you are looking for? Email [email protected].
Already a Volunteer?
Sign in here!