Effective date: April 2021
Information Collection: The Humane Rescue Alliance collects and maintains the following information from our donors, such as when a donor submits information on our website or when they contact us on the phone, in person, or over email:
- Contact Information, including name, title, organization, complete mailing address, phone number, and email address.
- Gift information, including the size and frequency of contributions.
- Information concerning how you heard about the Humane Rescue Alliance and your interest in the organization.
- Correspondence you send to us, including questions, testimonials, comments, and suggestions.
- Requests to receive or not to receive periodic updates from us.
Disclosure of Information: We will not sell or rent the donor lists we maintain, nor will we send you mailings on behalf of another organization unless given specific permission to do so. However, we periodically exchange the lists we maintain with other non-profit organizations we believe engage in activities that are consistent with our mission and core beliefs. We will also use and disclose your Personal Information to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of the law, protect and defend our rights, or comply with legal process served on us.
Financial Information: Access to your financial information is limited strictly to employees and volunteers dedicated to processing your gift or event registration. We use online payment services with strong security platforms and reputations. We do not store, nor can we access, any data that you provide to those services (including credit card information and bank account numbers).
Your Rights and Choices: The Humane Rescue Alliance abides by the Association of Fundraising Professional’s Donor Bill of Rights. If you wish to be removed from our email and/or mailing lists, or wish to opt-out of having your Personal Information shared with other non-profit organizations, please contact us in writing as set out below.